Thursday, October 23, 2008

Last Roses of Summer


The mini anvil is quilted, bound and washed. I always have such a hard time coming up with a title so I went through my list of songs on my mp3 player and picked this title by one of the Celtic Woman singers you see on PBS during pledge breaks. I love Celtic music so I guess the title is appropriate. Also the quilt has lots of reds and pinks (the last roses) as well as the tans (the beginning of the things drying out as we move from summer into fall). Well.... maybe that is a stretch and I just liked the way it sounded! For once I did not want another boring title.

All I have left to do is to make a sleeve and sew on a label. I think I am going to give it to the girl that cuts and colors my hair. She got married earlier this summer and I have not given her a gift yet. At any rate I have an appointment on Monday so I better get busy finishing up the sleeve and label.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely and what a great name for it. I always struggle with quilt names aswell.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.