I think that is what I am going to call the landscape quilt. I have decided to go with the darker gray blue fabric for the water. Shirley from Learning FA suggested that I paint the fabric along the banks bluish with darker blue near the shoreline. I tried to do that, but I am not sure it came out too good. I used the Setacolor transparent paints. It came out more green than I wanted. Maybe painting this fabric brown would have been a better idea. Too late now!
Short of tearing it all apart again I am not sure what to do with it. I don’t want to tear it apart and start again. I guess I could add some browns fabric in spots over my “botched” painted fabric. This entire shoreline is covered with leaves so maybe I should add fabric to simulate the leaves. I don’t know if thread painting it with brown will tone down the greenish look it has. This area definitely needed to be darker than it was after I used the darker water fabric, but not green.