Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sticky Fingers: Southern Cross

I finally completed my glued fabric collage that I started in Ellen Lindner's Sticky Fingers class.   I have not done anything like this technique since I was probably in my 20's.  That was back in the day when I also did macrame and painted nebula on canvas with acrylic paints. It was fun to do something that was not traditional quilting.  And of course I did have sticky fingers working on this!

Instead of sewing the fabrics you glue them to a canvas.  I started out gluing the white on white fabrics that were just cut randomly and then painted.  After that I added the fabrics that make the shape of a cross.  Finally I finished by gluing down some threads that I had saved from the dryer after washing some stonehenge fabrics.  The size of this piece is 12 inches by 12 inches and I call it "Southern Cross" after a constellation in the southern skies.  It was also a song by Crosby, Stills and Nash.


Southern Cross

Thanks for visiting.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.