Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Latest Challenge Quilt

With December being such a crazy month, I am amazed that I managed to get this challenge quilt done ahead of schedule. The word for this challenge was BY, BYE or BUY.

I decided to make a quilt called “Days Gone By.” I love old things like old buildings, doors, and windows. I printed a photo of an old cottage that we took in Ireland on a piece of fabric that I painted several years ago. The fabric was painted with seta colors in gray and purple. The image was printed on the fabric this past summer when I took a class from Natalya Aikens at Create NJ. I had no idea what I was going to end up doing with the image. I decided to use it for this challenge. Unfortunately it was not large enough so I had to add some borders. I tried making a really narrow inner border after learning how to do that in a class that I took with Gloria Loughman in September. That inner green border is only 1/8 in wide! I think adding the borders was a really good idea.

 Days Gone By

I noticed when I printed the image on fabric that it looked like a dog in the window. My husband says it is just a reflection, but I am going to pretend that it is a doggie!  What do you think?

Is it a doggie in the window?
Thanks for reading.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a doggie in the window. And that 1/8" border well worth the effort - just perfect. I think it's a good thing it needed to be larger. I don't know what you originally thought for this photo printed on fabric but the borders give it more presence. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.