Wednesday, July 30, 2014

“Gossip Central” Done!!!!

Well nearly done. I still have to block it to get the markings out and sew on a facing. I had thought of binding it that multicolored “magic” fabric. The piece I have is so full of holes that is is not good for binding strips at this point so I had to order more fabric. After thinking about it and consulting with some people as well as EB, I decided I will face this so the birds will not look like they are in a cage and that they are free to fly away! Well now I will have another yard of my magic fabric. I wonder for what quilt in the future I will use it in.

I had to send the photo of the finished quilt off to EB because we are leaving today for Penn State to celebrate our anniversary and then to Pittsburgh to visit my dad. I will be in Pittsburgh until August 9 so I am also linking to Nina-Marie today as well since I will be away from my computer and won’t be able to write any blogs for a while.

I can’t believe how I struggled with this one. I have not had this much trouble with choosing fabrics for a long time. I even struggled with how to quilt this. I started by doing echo quilting around the birds and decided that was not what I wanted. So I ripped that out and did the lines (uneven and unevenly spaced) parallel to the wires. That looked much better, but was more work. I have the neck pain today to prove that! I think it came out well in the end.

The finished size is 20 in by 30 in.

 What do you think? My daughter loves it and she is going to hang it on her wall. That is saying a lot since she is usually pretty picky. Turquoise is her favorite color.

Thanks for reading and thanks for all your comments and support while I struggled with this.

Chris

6 comments:

  1. I wondered about the quilting - I think the horizontal lines a perfect choice. And no binding really is a good idea with this theme, although I was enticed by the magic fabric.

    So wonderful it already has a home when it is 100% done. It's a great quilt! Safe travels and happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this has turned out really well - you should be pleased! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do I think? Well I'd like to hang it in my house! I think the colors are so energizing and the feel of it is charming.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love turquoise and red together and this looks wonderful. I agree with the no binding and like the way you quilted it. Lucky daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I'd hang it in my house too. I especially like the gradation in value of the background and the choice in quilting. I pretty much face everything these days unless the design is calling for that added extra line.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.