Saturday, October 31, 2015

On to the next project

I finished the Halloween quilt and it is on our table. It fits perfectly! My husband really likes it. The Halloween cat pull toy was also made by us. For a few years we were making a lot of wooden things. He cut them out and I painted them.

 

 

 

 

Here is a wooden necklace that we made. The pumpkin is about 2 1/4 inches across and is on a velvet cord.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The top swings open to reveal the shapes inside. The shapes are about 3/4 inches in size. I never wear it because I am afraid of it opening up and having the shapes fall out and get lost.

 

Someday I should post the Noah’s ark that we made.

 

 

 

 

I am washing the Cherrywood fabrics for my next quilt. Since these are hand dyed fabrics a lot of dye comes out of them.

The Halloween quilt got me motivated to get creating again. I think I am going to make this a pretty good size.

 

 

 

We hung this mother daughter portrait that my daughter made in grade school. It was for Mother’s day. I framed it last summer to hang in my sewing room. Boy do we look alike in the sketch she made? We are going to visit her in Boston next weekend. We have not seen her since last Christmas. I am anxious to see her new place that she bought earlier this summer.

 

 

 

Thanks for reading.

Chris

4 comments:

  1. Your Halloween quilt turned out great! I particularly like the use of blue with the traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was interesting to learn about your wood-working projects with your hubby. That pumpkin pendant is amazing! So intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear the motivation is returning! That's a long time to go without seeing your daughter - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your muse is returning. Cherrywood will be wonderful to work with. Yep, you and your daughters could be twins!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.