Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Ornaments done!

Before I forget...linking to http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com.


Can't believe that I wrapped up these ornaments so fast. Once I started I just kept going. Don't you love when that happens?



Here they are before they were stuffed. I ended up using interfacing to give them more weight.













Here they are completely done.














I thought I would post some photos of how my daughter decorated with greens and some of the ornaments I made in the past. I also made the Santa face tree skirt. She lives in a condo in an old box factory.


I did not make the dinosaur. I wish I had. I should have made her others, but back then I had to have commercial pattern to make things like this.












These are the ones I made from some of the characters from Nightmare Before Christmas. These were the first ornaments that I designed myself instead of working from a pattern. How many ornaments have I made her? I have been making them each year since she was born in 1989. That means for 27 years without fail I have made an ornament and have had them all done before Christmas. And a few years I have made more than one. So I guess the total is about 30.











Thanks as always for reading.
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Good job! And I really enjoyed seeing how your daughter incorporates the ornaments you make her into her decorating. Quite an unusual cast of characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful tradition that will create fond memories for your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You are very talented and very creative. I mostly follow patterns for anything I do. Well, except for scrap quilts sometimes.
    Merry Christmas to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.