I got some great art gifts for Christmas.
Inktense pencils, fountain pen and ink refills, small sketchbook, batik fabrics, book on dyeing and painting fabric, graphite pencil, and a view window. I also got a kindle book called "Artistic Photo Quilts" by Charlotte Zeibarth. This is a great book with good ideas on creating artistic photos to print on fabric. It uses Photoshop elements to edit photos. I have Photoshop, but did not know about all the different things she uses to create interesting artistic photos. I have been learning a lot. I also got some new perfume and some bath and body stuff.
Seems that this is the time of the year when people choose a word for the year. I think I will choose the word ART for 2016. I chose it for several reasons.
- I want to work on several art quilts this year.
- I want to sketch and paint in my sketchbooks.
- I want to visit some art museums and art shows.
- I want to read the book about Van Gogh. (Van Gogh: the Life) He is one of my favorite artists.
- I want to eat, breathe and think ART this year.
Well now it it time to venture out into the cold and walk. I guess I will think about art while I walk!
Thanks for reading.