Wednesday, May 11, 2016

"Sunlight in the Forest" is quilted

If you are looking for my Art with fabric blog hop ("Starry Scary Night) it is here.











I finished quilting "Sunlight in the Forest" yesterday and blocked it overnight so it would lay flat when hung. Blocking this only consisted of spraying it with water until it was pretty wet and then allowing it to dry flat.













The poly Nature Colors thread from Superior thread (Bamboo Leaf) added just enough sparkle to the sunlight rays coming into the forest. I am pleased with the way the quilting came out. Now to add the facing and sleeve.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. Oh there's something very calming with this piece. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! You got it just right! Lovely! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I like your quilting...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.