Saturday, February 17, 2018

The bear is back

I can't even remember when I made this bear for my mom as a Christmas gift. I also made 3 more jacket and hat sets....one for each season. I guess I will name this bear Audrey after my mom. It is so weird getting all of these things back.


Most people know me as a quilter, but I had another life as a sewer. I sewed costumes, clothing, and cloth dolls. I have been sewing since I was in high school.

I made my mom a raggedy Ann and Andy one Christmas.  Those have come back as well.


I made cloth dolls for my daughter when she was much younger. She doesn't want them so they reside at our house as well.


Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading. 
Chris

2 comments:

  1. That's some stylish bear! And I love the little corner of dolls complete with a doll quilt and backed by a section of a lone star quilt. I've done a lot of other sewing-type things too before I got into quilting, but making dolls, or even basic stuffed animals was not something I had any success with so dropped it very early on. Yours are lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bear with her very beautiful jacket and hat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.