Thursday, March 15, 2018

Rethinking the canal houses

I've decided to add the stairs and sidewalk to the bottom of the canal house quilt. Here is the new "cartoon" with the additions. I think this is better at giving the perspective of looking down the street. What do you think?

So I am not done yet!















Tomorrow we head to NJ to march in the NYC parade for St Patrick's day on Saturday. Many of you that have followed my blog for years know that my husband is a bagpiper. I just hope that it's not too cold on Saturday. At least there's no snow in the forecast.







Linking to Nina-Marie a day early.....

Thanks for reading.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. I think there's good use of perspective either way. The stairs and sidewalk are implied in the original, but left to the imagination, which I confess I really like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see how this extension down might improve it, if you are up for the challenge! But just how much would that added detail show up in this night-time version? Would it be worth the time and effort?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.