Friday, April 27, 2018

"When the Darknight Seems Endless" is hung!

"When the dark night seems endless"
The quilt was hung yesterday. I don't know why the wall looks to be that color since it is a dark blue-gray.

I belong to a needle crafters group in our development and I showed it yesterday to the group. Of course they loved the quilt. It made me feel good.  I got a nice email from someone in the group last night.

"I Just wanted to send you a quick note and tell you, I think your quilt you shared with us today, has to be the most gorgeous quilt I have ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!"


 I don't think I ever mentioned that I am taking an independent study class this year with Elizabeth Barton. I mainly took the class to get motivated to make some of the quilts  that I have had on the back burner for years. This canal house one goes back to about 2010.


This is what she said about the quilt:

EB:  wow!!!  -   That came out so well...perfect colors, great ambience...good design.
I agree totally about the railing not being necessary...often less is more and I think the little paler house end (top right) with the reverse diagonal - gives the counterpoint that a tree would have done...
I really like the darkness and mysteriousness about the piece...
and you have done a beautiful job of putting it together...
just enough light in the windows...the yellow ones are the star...but the medium green is a very good supporting actor!
Everything about it is interesting...and I want to keep looking and checking....
great job with the values - and they are the key!!  the values and the diagonals are what make it...well done!!!! I'm sure you will be glowing tonight!!  Elizabeth
These comments made my day.
Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. This is wonderful. Ditto every thing EB said! Of course, she knows that of which she speaks. I just like how it looks to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.