Thursday, May 24, 2018

Sketch in prep for toxic barrel quilt

I have created a sketch to help in creating the toxic rusted barrel quilt. I created it in an iPad app cloning the fabrics to see how they would look.  The size of this quilt will be about 35 inches by 15 inches. Now as I look at this I am concerned that I might need to paint more rusted fabrics. I did buy some number stamps to stamp the numbers on the barrels and I have a stencil for the skull and crossbones. Now I just need to get moving on doing it.

Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading.
Chris


4 comments:

  1. As someone who has worked in many warehouses and factories, I can verify this is 100% accurate. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea and the sketch is right on. Can’t wait to see the final piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making a significant statement in this sketch. Looking forward to seeing the real piece! Great use of those rusted fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.