Friday, August 10, 2018

A finish and moving on

I finished the toxic barrels. There are now French knots where I had some ratty fabrics from ripping out quilting stitches.  




Now I have to think about the next project. I am going to do one of the designs from the pixel series. It will either be gray scale or at least monochromatic. The 3 possibilities are below. I was leaning toward the floating circles. Sheila from Idaho Beauty
https://idahobeautyquilts.blogspot.com likes that one as well.  My daughter likes the one that looks like lighted windows. What do you think? Eventually I will make both if not all three of them.




Linking to Nina-Marie.

Also we leave for Prague today. I expect to get lots of quilt inspiration there.

Thanks for reading.
Chris



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finished work ... and I would opt for all three new pieces. Each one has striking possibilities!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't the first time your daughter and I have not agreed - we obviously have different tastes! Her pick would also be good. I think I was shying away from that one because it reminded me too much of your recently finished canal houses. It has a static feel to it while the other one is more dynamic due to the tilting perspective. Will you be doing these in black/white/greys or introducing color?

    Have a grand trip, safe travels, looking forward to hearing about that inspiration you're sure to find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure genius to add french knots as combination design element and stitch ripping cover up. Looks like they belong.

    As for what to do next - do the one that appeals to you the most. If after you have finished that one, you want to do the another. That works. You never have choose to just one, only the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you arrive safely in Prague and enjoy what is sure to be an inspiration-filled holiday.

    I'm not sure which of the photos is intended to be your daughter's "lighted windows" but...I do like the third of the photos you showed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.