Friday, September 28, 2018

Slightly more progress on the pixel circles

Since we were away for most of the week I only got back to working on this yesterday. At least the fabrics came while we were away.



I think piecing this is going to be a nightmare. I have tried to be accurate with cutting out the pieces, but I feel that could go terribly wrong when it comes down to it. All the angles could come back to bite me in the butt. I've thought about paper piecing this in strips and then applique the circles on top. The long strips are pretty stretchy which could be a problem. Any suggestions? I have stabilized some of them with spray starch. This really needs to be accurate.

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. I might consider freezer paper templates - pattern pieces not including seam allowance. Ironed to your strips they would provide some temporary stabilization while you match up seams for sewing. Awkward perhaps, but might do the trick with this less than standard angles. I've used that method quite successfully in making Mariner Compass blocks. Sew next to the freezer paper and pop it off later after multiple pieces have been joined.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.