Monday, November 26, 2018

Pulling my hair out!

I have never struggled so much with deciding how to quilt a quilt as with the circle quilt.

Here is the original computer generated design. Outlined in orange are the areas that should float above the design.

 Quilting idea 1
 Quilting idea 2.
Straight lines everywhere. More dense quilting for areas that should recede. Quilt some ghost circles. Sizes andpostions of ghost circles subject to change.
 Quilting idea 3
All straight lines. Less dense quilting for areas that should float.
Quilting idea 4

Echo quilt the circles. The rest in straight lines.

Any thoughts? Something that I did not think of?

I was going to quilt in medium gray, but it has been suggested to use a pale pink, yellow or blue.
Thoughts on that?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest circular quilting in the circles but decided that might be too much, both visually and in what it would take to actually do it. But I have to admit, I think it works on this mock up #4. As for thread color, interesting options. That pale pink just might be the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...If you want the selected design areas to 'float above the design', perhaps consider rather densely quilting only those areas that aren't intended to float. This might create a bit of a 'trapunto' effect for those "floating" areas. Is that what you're after? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.