Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Hail to the lion

I've made more progress on the lion. Now I am working on figuring out what background fabric to use. A friend suggested using white, but I think it looks better with dark dark blue. I have some good pieces, but they are too small. So trying to find something that is big enough in my stash has been a bit of a problem. 

This is the best one so far. What do you think? The size will be 18 inches by 18 inches.

Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
Chris

6 comments:

  1. That fabric looks great! And never forget a pieced or mosaic look for a background, too. Might be a bit busy, but also might keep you from having to buy any more fabric. Hope this one works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark background is very dramatic, which is what I'd think you'd want for a lion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a black background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognize that Nittany Lion! I'm Penn State class of '76!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that dark background very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had been without internet for over a week, so I missed the progress on this wonderful piece. I also think it needs a dark background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.