Tuesday, January 29, 2019

The quilts are all home.....

Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

My one month show at the Bellefonte Art Musem is over and the quilts are home again. I did put prices on some of the quilts, but surprise, surprise I did not sell anything. It's the usual thing that I experienced. People tell you you should sell things and that you will easily sell your work. And then when you try to sell them nothing sells. So at least I am now surrounded by all my quilts again. The walls are happy again.  Have you had much luck selling your art quilts? I figure the only way to sell them is to sell them at really low prices. Maybe I'm wrong on that....

My toxic barrel quilt is now at another gallery in State College for a show called Artists Take a Stand during February.

If you are in the area you should stop by. I did have an online friend (Eileen) drive from Philly to State College to see my show at the Bellefonte Art Museum. Here we are in front of one of my quilts called Midwinters Night.


Thanks for reading. Here are pics of the barrel quilt. 
Chris






4 comments:

  1. Chris, your quilts are fabulous….so very well designed and executed. It IS heartbreaking that (with few exceptions) the price of art quilts don’t even come up to the cost of materials, let alone time and years of learning ones skills. It sounds like you enjoy the process of creating…..find joy in that and perhaps with more exposure one of your beauties will find a new home and be appreciated as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are very special. My quilt sales are few and far between, but when I do sell one it's always a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found the same thing re sales. Sold one a few weeks ago from a show and Oh how sweet it felt. Pity the poor artists who have to support themselves from selling textiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been selling my fabric art for years. Did very well 10-15 years ago, but not now. I wonder if the fibre art was a bit of a "fad". Pat F in Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.