Friday, April 12, 2019

Figuring out my next design

I've decided to do a quilt of the Charles Bridge in Prague. The design is of the bridge at dawn and is all purples. I just have not figured out which edit to use. I look at one and am convinced it's the one that is the best and then I look at another one and am convinced that it's the one. So I go back and forth and back and forth again. Maybe it just doesn't matter.....What do you think?

The entire image

The entire image with a lot of the bridge road surface edited out.

The right hand side edited out. I suppose a more zoomed in shot.

Linking to Nina-Marie. Thanks for reading.

Chris

5 comments:

  1. I suppose a good question for you to ask yourself is what do you want the focus of the quilt to be, the bridge itself or the buildings behind it? I can sure empathize with your back and forth on this, as I am doing the same (and have done the same in my own work). But the more I look, the more I am drawn to the last one, the most edited one. It maintains a great deal of the bridge but brings the buildings more into focus. It also seems to highlight the perspective of the camera shot, low leading the eye up. Yes, the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple tones of your photo. One point to consider is where does the horizon line fall? In the first choice it splits the scene in half. The second is more 2/3-1/3. The third plays up the interesting horizon line of the buildings more, though my eye goes back and forth between the dome and the bridge lights for the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drawn to the second one. It is the most balanced I think in showing the bridge as the focal point. I find my eyes go to the buildings on the last one. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the zoomed in one, but I don't like that you lose the good light fixture on either side. And I would probably take off an inch of the bottom. . At first I thought it was an arched bridge over a river. It took me a while to get my perspective swapped around. It will make a fabulous quilt. The 1/3 --2/3 was my first criteria also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I well remember that fabulous bridge from a visit to beautiful Prague a few years ago. I love what you are doing and the colors are perfect. I think I like the second one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.