Friday, July 12, 2019

Why am I dragging my feet?

It seems that at every step of this quilt I have been dragging my feet. It took me three days to pin it. I could not get motivated to pin it. Then it has been sitting for 3 more days and I still have not started to quilt it. I did get threads out, but that's as far as I have been motivated to progress. I know once I start it I will pretty much work on it non stop, but getting started has proved to be difficult. I don't know why. It's not that I don't like it and dread finishing it. I just need to convince myself to do just a little to get moving. Have you ever experienced this in your own work?

Last night was the awards reception for Images 2019. There were 6 merit awards handed out among the 59 pieces that were accepted into the show. As is no surprise I did not get an award. Too much competition from paintings and photographs. I did see a young boy really looking at my toxic rusted barrel quilt so that was great. And I did not hear anyone say, "It's only sewing." Last year a young woman commented that my quilt was only sewing.

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

4 comments:

  1. Whoever commented your quilts are only sewing likely can't sew. Your quilts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I find I'm dragging my feet on a project,it's usually because there is something wrong with the design, that my sub-conscious recognizes but my conscious mind has yet to recognize. Give it a little time to percolate, and do something else to take your conscious mind off the problem piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a lovely quilt! But yes, I do at times suffer from being unable to get started on my projects. I’m not certain of the cause either. Sometimes, I think my brain is still subconsciously trying to figure out some detail about the project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.