Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Decisions made....

Since my last blog I have been thinking and evaluating what I want to do next.

I stopped quilting the boring tan, gray and black quilt in my last blog and decided since it is still layered that I will use it for practicing free motion quilting. Maybe after it is completely quilted I will cut it up for journal covers.  Or not!

I cleared out my solid fabrics to donate since I think I have moved beyond solids. I don't plan on making any more quilts with solids. I did not have that many anyways.

I am now getting fabrics together to work on a forest quilt like Nancy Zieman and Natalie Sewell. I have a couple of their books and have always meant to make an "improvised" forest quilt. I had to order some fabric for the backing for the forest since I did not have anything big enough so once that arrives I will get going on it. Looking forward to it.

Our development had an art and craft show last Sunday and I managed to sell some quilts. "6 pandas", a window, and "Wintertime Blues". People went crazy over the other quilts I had on display...the cardinal quilt, canal houses, Prague bridge.

6 Pandas SOLD
Window SOLD
Wintertime Blues SOLD

We went to a Loreena McKennitt concert in Hamilton, Ontario 2 weeks ago. It was great. This was her set list.

Of course it it always that time of year when I have to start thinking about what ornament I am going to make our daughter for Christmas. This is year 31 for that tradition. The other ones I have made can be linked to by clicking on the Cloth Ornament tab at the top of the blog.

Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. How nice to get some things cleared out, especially to sell these quilts. And I can't resist doing a bit of name-dropping. Back when my friend and I had converted our interest in hand-dyeing from hobby to business, we were vending at the big show at Sun Prairie, WI, and who should wander up to our booth but Natalie Sewell who we both knew had gained some fame and awards with her landscape quilts and method. We held our breath as she fingered our fabric and eventually bought a few pieces. She took the time to explain what she liked about our hand-dyes over others and what she was always looking for. She later contacted us to come to her house with yardage along the lines of the smaller pieces she'd bought and we nervously dyed up what we thought she was looking for. It was so stupendous to walk into her house and see one of her large quilts hanging above her sofa, and then show our wares and have her pick out a few. I'd say that was the highlight of our business career as hand-dyers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter just got the panda quilt for her birthday. Thank you so much. It's absolutely beautiful. I know she will treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.