Monday, December 16, 2019

I bet you were wondering...

Did she make an ornament for her daughter this year? I'm sure you were checking everyday to see if I continued this tradition for the 31st year. I was really dragging my feet, but I have finally finished it. Since we went to Disney back in April of this year I decided to do a Disney ornament.

My daughter's fiancee wanted to go to the Enchanted Tiki Room show. It was not good. Although it was a bit better than the Country Bears Jambaree that my husband made us go to. So the ornament is a parrot from the Tiki room. Jose is about 3.5 inches long. He started out in white velour and was painted after he was stuffed. I initially thought about felt, but due to the small size the velour won out because it was easier to deal with. His beak and feet are layers of felt. Tacky glue was use to attach everything together. Thank goodness for tacky glue.



So the tradition is alive for another year. You can see all the other ornaments by clicking on the cloth ornaments tab at the top of the blog.

Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Have a great Christmas.
Thanks for reading.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. 31 years of ornaments! Wow! And 3.5" tall. You're a far braver soul than I, undertaking something so finicky. Clearly a labour of love! Hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas; all the best for 2020!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic! And yes, I had been wondering - lol. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.