Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2026

Ready to move on

I think I’m ready to move forward after only selling one small quilt at the art museum.  I’m over it and will start creating again tomorrow. I will get back to the Halloween BOM. It’s a really fun quilt. I will really enjoy what I have planned to make for my sister’s birthday. I can’t wait to see her reaction. After that I have a fun kit to work on that is a combination of quilting fabric and wool. It has a vintage truck on it. I also have a cute ornament planned for our daughter. All those things should take me to the end of the year. 

Meanwhile I will think about what I want to create next. Of course once 2027 hits I will begin working on my recycle piece. The theme next year is once upon a time. I did not want to do a fairy tale. This is my first draft at explaining my piece followed by my inspiration photo. I will create it out of plastic bags as usual. I might incorporate some thread waste. That’s just an idea at this point. 

“Once upon a time these streetcars were filled with people going places. Over the years they have fallen into disrepair and now sit on decaying tracks. I grew up in Pittsburgh and rode streetcars to school, to art classes, and to the city. I have lots of memories riding them. They are my once upon a time. Unfortunately plastic bags do not decay that easily. I have chosen to use them in my art to emphasize that they are an environmental disaster. “




Thanks for reading.

Chris 


5 comments:

  1. Great photo for your recycle quilt project for 2027, chris.
    Happy to hear that you are "moving on" and finishing that gorgeous Halloween piece...enjoy the process...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Me, again--have you visited "judys-journal.blogspot"--a Canadian art quilter--thought you might be interested in reading her thoughts on art quilting...just sayin..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in Pittsburgh too and remember riding the streetcars with my grandmother. And I took busses to Saturday morning art classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in St. Paul, MN and rode street cars during my elementary years. It was always an adventure to go downtown shopping with my grandma or mom! We usually got ice cream before returning home. They were a fin ride, too. My parents met on a street car back in 1919!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like this idea for the next recycle show. You've shown that pic before. Time to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.