The main aspects of the landscape are in place. Most of the fine detail will have to be thread painted/quilted. At this point I am going to leave it on my design wall to “marinate” for a few days and look at it again to decide if there are any more fabrics I have to add.
So here is my plan:
- I will iron the pieces in place and use invisible thread to secure the edges of the pieces.
- I will draw in the many tree branches and background trees with a water soluble pen so I will have some kind of plan when I stitch them in by machine. At that point I do want to add some dried leaves with fabric to the branches in the foreground.
- Once I do that I will square up the top and add borders.
- After that I will add batting and backing and do the quilting/ thread painting. I usually thread paint during the quilting process. I seem to have better luck doing it that way. I just have to remember to keep all the stitching fairly even so the quilt will be flat.
- Then I will bind the quilt and wash it. Yes I always wash my quilts even my landscapes.
Go, Steelers!!! ( I am from Pittsburgh.)