Although I have been off since last Friday, I feel like my official spring break starts today. I usually don't teach on Fridays and normally have off on Saturdays and Sundays. So today I would normally go back to work. On a typical Monday I have 2 lectures and one lab to teach. So the fact that I got to sleep in this morning (until 7:30 am instead of the usual 5:45 am wake up time) and not have to go to my college today makes me feel like the break has finally started. I am sure that it will fly by really fast. It always amazes me how fast a vacation goes compared to a regular work week.
So what do I have planned this week?
- The usual exercise and eating healthy of course. I am down 26 pounds at this point!!!
- Going to Dress Barn to look for some new clothes.
- Finishing a landscape quilt that I am working on for a challenge.
- Working on taxes.
- Going to the St. Patrick's Parade on Wednesday in NYC. My husband is a bagpiper so I will be walking with other family members behind his pipe and drum band (St. Anne's of Hampton, NJ). If you are watching the parade on TV look for his band. Sometimes we have been on TV. I think the weather is going to be nice. Thank goodness it won't be like what we had last weekend. Here is a photo of my handsome hubby.
- Waiting to see my daughter at the end of the week when she comes home for her spring break.
- Generally just relaxing and not having to look at students for an entire week!