I have been enjoying some fabric dyeing over the last two weeks. I tried some where you put the fabric in a tray and pour different colors of dye over it. I also tried some Shibori which was fun.
I also want to try some rust dyeing. I have had the supplies for a few years now and finally did some this week. This was done with steel wool stretched across the fabric with salt added. Then wrapped around a tube and tied with rubber bands and copper wire. This was kept wet for 2 days. It was warm in NJ so it did not take long to react. I might be using this fabric in my next 15 by 15 challenge quilt for the theme of TEXTURE. I want to do some more rust dyeing before I decide.
Thanks for reading.