Saturday, December 6, 2014

“Nothing is ever as it seems”

I spent a little time yesterday looking over song lyrics to see it something would inspire a title for my block quilt. I have often done that…..I wonder if the artists will find me out!

I think I have it with the line “Nothing is ever as it seems.”  I think that might fit the illusions that this quilt creates.

What do you think? I think that title is pretty good!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I also did my self evaluation and the course evaluation yesterday. I will post my thoughts on that in another blog.

Meanwhile I have a Christmas ornament to make for my daughter and a new catnip mouse for the kitty.

IMG_0243

Thanks for reading.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. I agree...good title. I think you have done outstanding artistic work in this course. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too! My mind had drifted to how this quilt could be seen as a continuation of your energy series, how we are responsible often when nature gets all out of whack, represented by those trees blown all directions. If one didn't know about the orange gates inspiration, then the orange looks like a fiery smog-induced sunset or maybe furnaces of industry. And yet, I couldn't think of a title along those lines either. But here it is - nothing is ever as it seems. And how true is that of many pieces of art? The artist presents his vision, the viewer sees something else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.