Friday, September 25, 2015

What a month!!

It has been a crazy 5 weeks getting settled into our new house. We have been assembling furniture and closet organizers. As you can see no closet organizer has been put into my sewing closet yet. The boxes of fabric are still stacked so I have not been able to work on anything other than hemming curtains. I never realized how much of an organization freak I was until I moved in here.


Let me say now I absolutely hate hemming curtains. Of course the 95-96 inch ones are a bit too short and the 108 inch ones are way too long. And you would certainly guess that the curtain panels are not consistent….nice quality control!



We have hung some of my quilts so that at least is good. It seems weird that they are now in different rooms than they were in in the old house. The neighborhood has a needlework group so I took some of my quilts to show at the meeting last week. That was a good feeling because I got lots of compliments. The members that quilt make traditional quilts so art quilts were not familiar to most of them. The neighborhood has an art show/sale in November that I think I will sign up for.

My design wall has my energy series on it right now as I am trying to decide how to arrange them on the wall when they do get hung. That’s if I can get my husband to stop playing sports long enough to hang them. He has been keeping busy and out of the house which is a very good thing. He also found a bagpipe band to join.


Do you like this arrangement?



Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie for the first time in a very long time.

Chris

4 comments:

  1. What a fascinating and compelling series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. I love it. We still miss you at our group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Glad to see you back on your blog. Moving takes a lot out of us. The older I get the more annoying it is to move. Since you mentioned hubby doing sports and you visiting a craft group -- did you move into a planned community or an adult community? Just curious. Glad to see you have some of your pieces out so you can think on them. Hopefully soon you will be able to actually do some actual sewing! Good luck with the organizing! It seems to me it is time for some "you" time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool to see your "energy series" together but arranging is a challenge. The blue one is the outlier, isn't it? My tendency would be to make it the center focus with the others circling it somehow. You know me & my need for order & struggle with asymmetry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.