Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sunlight in the forest and other things

121 blocks sewn together. The blocks are 2 1/2 inches and the overall size is 27.5 inches at this point.

Of course now I have to figure out how to quilt it....just the usual dilemma. I could just quilt in the ditch and call it a day. Or do I do that and some  hand stitching with pearl cotton? Or do more quilting than just the ditch?  Or do crosshatching like I did in "Midwinter's Night."  Or how about diagonal lines running from the upper left corner where the sunlight is coming into the forest of trees? Boy how I wish you could see how these things would look ahead of time to help make the decision.



I am still slowing hand quilting my house quilt. The cat quilted for this house is easy to see. Today I thought I lost one of my cat templates. So I cut another one and then found the missing one.....figures!!!!







Another project will soon be in the works. My daughter wants me to make her roman shades for her 3 windows in her condo. This is the fabric she picked from fabric.com. I think I have how to make these figured out, but I guess we will see when I try to make them! I have made curtains, but never a roman shade. Should be interesting....








Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading. If you have any ideas for quilting "Sunlight in the forest" please let me know.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. I really hate this - that so many of my memories I can say are from decades ago, but yes, decades ago I helped a friend with Roman Shades for a single window in a bedroom. She had a pattern and it was fun to help her (since if anything was off, I wouldn't have to live with it!). But that experience gave me the confidence to make a pair of Roman Shades years later for our bedroom in a new house in a faraway state. I bought a pattern and did the measurements and they turned out well. But I did seem to hold my breath through most of the process. ;-) It's an adventure! You will probably do fine since you've had awhile to ponder it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say I like the fabric for the Roman shade. Darn that it is directional!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.