Friday, June 10, 2016

Still here

Wow I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. I have been plugging away at the hand quilting of my house quilt. I think I have 10 houses done, but still a long way to go.

For the roman shades I still have to sew the velcro to the top of them and then add the cords. We are not going to see our daughter until July so I still have some time.





I am debating about what art quilt to work on next...canal houses or abstract quilt.


 I am still trying to decide whether to do it with 5 or 7 houses. See this blog.

I guess 5 houses would be easier. My daughter still likes the 7 better.  This is what she said when I asked her.

"I like 7 houses better. In the one with 5 houses it feels like they are leaning toward the viewer more and it makes them feel more imposing. The 7 house one gives me more of a relaxed strolling down streets of Amsterdam vibe. I also like the visual interest of the one house that is jutting out a bit more than the rest. Both are nice though.


What do you think?






The other one I am thinking about is this abstract created in EB class.  I have already bought the fabric for this from Cherrywood fabrics. They had a sale on purple fabrics when Prince died. So I bought 2 sets of purple fabrics for it. The quilt will be monochromatic in purples. It is not my usual color scheme, but I thought it would look good and the fabrics were a very nice deal.

Which would you work on next?








I have been asked to participate in another blog hop. This time the inspiration can be a piece of artwork, a song, or some other writing. I am torn between "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel or "The Raven" by Poe. Maybe I will do both!

Thanks for reading. I have to stir my beans that are cooking on the stove right now. We are making homemade baked beans with my mom's recipe for happy hour tonight. That means starting with dry beans that you soak overnight. They are vegetarian since I do not add bacon to them. And they are really delicious.

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Get that canal houses idea done! It's been languishing way too long. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    The canal houses (seven) piece is FABULOUS!!!!! Please work on it. It really is wonderful. I love the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.