Not too much accomplished this week. I did pick out fabrics for my "Toxic still/spill life."
Here is a small sample of the fabrics that I pulled from my stash as potentials for the quilt.
My daughter got me a kit for Christmas. The background is hand dyed wool and the fabrics for the circles are cotton, velvet, decorator fabrics.I started turning under circles to be hand appliqued to the wool. The circles have a diameter of 1.5 inches and there are 70 of them. After the circles are appliqued they are then stitched with pearl cotton with fancy embroidery stitches. This should give me plenty of handwork to do at the different meetings that I go to.
I am still debating about taking out the hand quilting in my house quilt and sending it out to be machine quilted. The issues with my neck and my wrist are making me consider this. I have way less than 1/4 of it done.
I wish I had decided to do that from the beginning.
I did that one other time. I started hand quilting this blue and white fan quilt for my daughter and decided after doing about 6 blocks that I did not want to hand quilt it. So I ripped out the hand quilting and sent it out to be quilted. If I had not done that it would probably still be sitting around waiting to be finished.