Friday, January 6, 2017

Looking back at 2016

When I was thinking back at 2016 I did not think that I did too many creative things. When thought about what I actually accomplished I found that in fact I did 10 projects. Not too bad.  Not all of them were quilts, but I still count them.

Bookmark for my pen pal with his 2 pets on it.

 

"Midwinter's Night" Finished quilt from my pixel series

House quilt top. I have been hand quilting this and am finding it is too much for my neck and wrist. I am thinking about taking out the stitches and sending it out to be machine quilted.

 

Large quilted bag

 "Starry Scary Night" Another finished quilt for my energy/environmental series

 "Sunlight in the forest" Finished quilt from my pixel series

Roman Shades for my daughter's condo in Boston

"Stopping by the Woods" Finished quilt

Christmas ornament for my daughter

"Broken" A quilt top for my pixel series and my reaction to 2016


So it was a much more productive year than I thought. The Roman shades took a long time and took up about 2 months of my time. 

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading and on to 2017.

Chris


 

 

6 comments:

  1. A productive year, everything looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed by the Roman shades. I once made balloon drapes..... it's no where near as easy as it looks. Your daughter is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your accomplishments - an inspiring set of creativity. Do you have a link to your "energy / environmental" series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments.

    Deb, the roman shades were definitely not as easy as some videos online would make them out to be.

    Warm quilts, the link to the energy quilts is http://chrissquiltinguniverse.blogspot.com/p/energy-series.html, but also can be found on the tabs under my banner image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the art quilts -- every one (even though I live in Big Bad Oil Country)... ;-) Sorry to hear there's a crimp in your hand quilting; that house quilt is delightful. Here's to a happy 2017 for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.