Friday, May 11, 2018

Finally painting fabric

I finally got my rust dyed fabrics out to paint them for my toxic barrel quilt. So far I have only painted one piece. It is not an especially warm or sunny day so I think I may hold off on painting the others. The piece I painted is taking a long time to dry which of course means it dries lighter than you plan on. Right now I wonder what the backside looks like. Well at least I got started!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

Thanks for reading. 
Chris


3 comments:

  1. It's going to be interesting to watch you put this together. Just wondering what type of paints you use. It's so dry here on the prairies that I have to fight paint drying too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paints are setacolors. Although I have other paints as well. Wonder if I should try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good start. It would not have occurred to me to overpaint a rust piece. Shows how much tunnel vision I have!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.