Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Working on a New Project

My panda quilt is done and is currently being blocked on the bedroom carpeted floor.  I did block it a bit before I put the binding on and thought that I had the wiggly issues worked out, but after I washed and dried it in the dryer, it was still wiggly.  The quilting density is fairly uniform across the quilt and I was careful to measure the center of the quilt when I added the borders. I have never had such a wiggly quilt in all the years I have been quilting.  The only thing I can figure is adding the bamboo strips which are mostly in the borders warped the borders somewhat.   Maybe those fused pieces were stretched a little when I positioned them and they distorted the borders a little. This distortion just got worse when I quilted it.

So I washed the quilt again this morning and pinned it to my bedroom carpet this morning while it was still wet.  Hopefully this will fix some of the wiggles.  I don’t expect it to be perfect, but a few less wiggles would be nice.  Here is the quilt pinned to the carpet.  It is still really wet and I expect it to take days to dry in the humid weather that we will be having.


This morning I started working on another project.  It is a McKenna Ryan kit that my MIL bought me a couple of years ago. I don’t know if I am thrilled about it, but it is easy and should be fairly quick to finish.  Hopefully no wiggly border this time!

Christmas quilt


1 comment:

  1. I love the pandas and bamboo. I think you figured out the culprit--the fused pieces are what create waves for me too.


Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.