Monday, June 20, 2011

What I’ve Been Up To

I finished a quilt from a kit (Gees Bend quilt).  I was going to meander free motion quilt it, but I found that to be really difficult on my sewing machine due to the size of the quilt. (Almost 60 inches by 60 inches). I decided to do curved fans on it instead with a variegated  blue thread. This I did with the walking foot and had to turn the quilt a lot, but that was still easier than free motion for me.  I think in the future all quilts this size and bigger have to go out to be quilted.

So it is ready to hang in our guest bedroom.

I am also sketching out Amsterdam canal houses to make into a quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.