Saturday, March 30, 2013

Gathering the Wind

Tomorrow is the big reveal on the Fifteen by Fifteen challenge group that I belong to. Since I will be busy tomorrow and won’t be able to get on my computer I thought I would reveal my quilt now.
The theme for this one was GATHERING. I had a ton of ideas for this theme, but decided to use the inspiration of the the windmills gathering the wind to make electricity that I had seen in California and in the North Sea. I oriented the blades of the three windmills in different directions to suggest that the blades were turning in the wind. I quilted the sky in diagonal wavy lines to indicate the wind blowing. Also in my inspiration photo there were birds “gathering” in the wind. They were hand stitched with pearl cotton.  The sky fabric was made from left over pieces of a hand dyed fabric that I had used in another project.


Thanks for reading. Stop by the Fifteen by Fifteen blog to see all the other wonderful quilts. This has been a great group to belong to.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the explanation of how you did the sky. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.