Friday, March 9, 2018

Slow progress

You can tell that I have been making progress on the Amsterdam canal house quilt by what a disaster my sewing room is. My husband asked if a tornado went through yesterday when he saw the room. The small bits with fusible on them have a tendency to stick to my socks so I am carrying fabric everywhere in the house. There are so many times I can't find my scissors, pencil, marker that I have lost count. Plus I have misplaced pieces and end up cutting them out again. Then I find the missing piece.

Here's the quilt on my design wall. You can see that I am using an unwanted wave fabric as the base of the lower part of the quilt instead of using the dark blue all the way down.  My husband asked what that stuff in the sky was. Of course they are just currently unwanted pieces that might be useful at some point!

Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading. Are you neat or messy when you create?

Chris





1 comment:

  1. Oh my - I'm definitely messy! I've perhaps perfected the technique of slapping my hand over what's piled on the work table in order to locate hidden rotary cutter or scissors. I'm not using fusible on my current project but have been trimming tiny pieces off the raw edge applique which accumulated near the edge of the table and which the front of my sweatshirt quickly gathered up when I leaned over the work table! And in flipping up a section to trim, I inadvertently flipped off a small fussycut piece that I had a heck of a time locating in the chaos. I have small snippets and threads that have not been cleaned off the surface yet (none that would be for future use anywhere), as I noted when I studied a close-up photo I took for the blog. Oh dear, hope nobody notices, I thought. So yes, it looks like we work very much the same!

    This is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.