Tuesday, March 6, 2018

OMG it looks amazing!

"Houses of the Holy"

We hung the house quilt yesterday and it is striking on the wall. I love red and white quilts. I am so glad I decided to take out the hand quilting and finish this quilt with machine quilting. It is about 70 in by 70 in so make quite a statement. It seems pretty strange to finally have something on that wall.


















My husband suggested the title "Houses of the Holy." I think it is from a Led Zeppelin song.

Below are the lyrics to that song.  Not sure I am sold on the title.














Let me take you to the movies
Can I take you to the show
Let me be yours ever truly
Can I make your garden grow
From the houses of the holy, we can watch the white doves go
From the door comes satan's daughter, and it only goes to show, you know
There's an angel on my shoulder, in my hand a sword of gold
Let me wander in your garden and the seeds of love I'll sow you know
So the world is spinning faster are you dizzy when you're stoned
Let the music be your master will you heed the master's call
Oh Satan and man
Said there ain't no use in crying 'cause it will only, only drive you mad
Does it hurt to hear them lying? 

Was this the only world you had? oh oh
So let me take you, take you to the movie
Can I take you, baby, to the show
Why don't you let me be yours ever truly
Can I make your garden grow, you know
Thanks for reading.
Chris

5 comments:

  1. You are so right - it DOES look awesome and DOES make a statement. I am convinced we quilters need at least one wall like this in our home where we can display a large piece like this. So much to look at even though it is a repeating block quilt. Bravo!

    I too am not sold on that prospective title. But I'm not having any luck coming up with anything catchy. If you still had cats quilted into it, I might go with Houses of the cats. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You've finished it and it looks terrific. Good luck with resolving the name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful! But I too am not sure about the proposed title. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that song and always thought it was about a drug trip. This piece really grabs your eye and leads it through the maze. I like it. Maybe that's why your husband named it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.