Friday, March 2, 2018

Start on the Amsterdam canal houses

This was a quilt that I designed years ago and finally decided to start making it. This image is from working on the sketch in Electric Quilt and trying out fabrics for a nighttime scene.


I decided to stretch the houses a bit more vertically because every time I get the sketch printed the houses look fat and squat instead of tall and thin. Here's the sketch on my design wall.


















I checked on the vanishing point to make sure things look good before starting the quilt.



This is what I have so far.....one house!  I did start the next house, but not much done on it so far. One house looks so strange by itself.



Linking to Nina-Marie.  http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading.  I have been missing my dad this week. He gave great hugs. I really miss that.

Chris

5 comments:

  1. Oh it's really amazing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pour avoir suivi cette conception dans le cours de EB je trouve fantastique cette première maison bravo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! My husband and I just booked airline tickets to Amsterdam. I haven't been there since 1980 and Steve has never been there. Your work does remind me of the many reasons I wanted to return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason this comment from Susan Lenz did not post..

    Looks great! My husband and I just booked airline tickets to Amsterdam. I haven't been there since 1980 and Steve has never been there. Your work does remind me of the many reasons I wanted to return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO loving this! I can't believe you actually checked perspective - I never would have thought to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.