Sunday, March 24, 2019

Monoprinting class

I took a monoprinting class last Friday. The teacher was great and the class was a lot of fun. By the time I got my paints there were not that many choices. I ended up with blues and orange. Of course I do like blue and orange. 
Here I am at work. The teacher took the photo and it's a little blurry. I was so focused on what I was doing that I did not even notice she was taking the photo.
Also here are my prints. Some of them look like I am planning a fabric line! I need to get out my gelliplate and print some fabrics after getting motivated by this class.

Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
Thanks for reading.

Chris



3 comments:

  1. Interesting collection! I agree that mono-printing can be very absorbing. I never wanted to try it till I saw Laura Kemshall do it in a free YouTube video. Now I use it a lot for trees. I really like your circles though, and the one that looks like bricks. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat. I'll have to see what mono-printing is specifically. Your fabrics look wonderful. I know you will have fun using them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue and orange is a great color combination. Your prints appeal to me because they are orderly, even the circle ones, and I love grids. I'd say this class was a success for you! I recently purchased a small gel plate but have yet to try it out. I always find myself not knowing what to do, what paint colors to use, what marks to make, etc. etc. There's something to be said for the lack of paint choices you experienced! Yes, you're motivating me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.