Saturday, April 4, 2009

Abstract Portal 1



I am taking a class called Portals on the site "Quilters Keep Learning." I finally got a chance today to create my first portal. Portals are just windows created with shear fabric. It did not photograph very well. For once I tried not to over analyze things and just have some fun.

I never did anything like this before so working with shears was a whole new experience. I think it came out pretty good for my first attempt. Since I am a realism kind of girl I can't wait to do some windows (portals) that are more realistic.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Even though they don't always do what you expect them to do, sheers can be a lot of fun to work with. Glad you are enjoying your class. It looks great.
    Janet Hartje

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.