Friday, November 21, 2014

Still on the wall

 

My tumbling blocks is still on the wall. I had to learn to do a good y-seam to sew the individual blocks together. The blocks turned out pretty good. Now I am in the process of sewing the rows together. That is a bit trickier since you have lots of seams that come together in certain spots. This is what I have so far.

 

 

 

 

 

My daughter wants this quilt since she loves it and she provided feedback on it. See my last blog about my feedback from her and from EB.

 

origidea

I am thinking of mounting this on a canvas. I have never done that before and thought it might be interesting to do. It might look something like this. I just pasted my photo over a photo of a black painted canvas. I might do dark blue instead of black. What do you think?

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. I think it will be wonderful on a canvas. The black sample is very striking; alternatively, if you can find a canvas the exact size you can add borders to use to wrap the canvas.
    Susan Brubaker Knapp has a decent tutorial about how to do this online, which I've printed off and to which I always refer when doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the photo, the black canvas doesn't show as black, but dark gray--at least on my screen. Try navy, or if you are painting it yourself, try a sponge printed combo of black and navy. If you don't like it, you can always paint over it again! Your piece is looking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I think this will look great mounted on canvas and yes, you can wrap fabric over it rather than paint it, depending on your comfort level.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.