Friday, March 23, 2018

Progress on canal houses....nearing the end.

I need to get a good photo of this quilt. Light comes into my room from the left and that distorts the color. Also I could not get it up on the design wall straight nor get a straight non distorted photo. So the colors are off and the buildings look crooked. It looks a lot better in person. I still need to decide about the railing and the trees.

I added the sidewalk and stairs and it looks good. I did not add a lot of details because these areas would be in shadow. I took it apart and am starting to sew the buildings down from the right to the left. I am checking one last time that they are straight up and down. I know that canal houses are crooked, but in my original photo they do not look that crooked. From that perspective they did not look that crooked. Plus having them a little crooked will just make it look a little off like it was a mistake on my part. Other views of canal houses really show their crookedness so maybe that will be for a future quilt. It will be great to get the houses sewn down. The parts have be flapping around and sometimes fall off when it gets moved from the table to the wall. I spent 10 minutes yesterday looking for a piece that fell off. That was a big hint to clean up the room. 

Of course now I have to come up with a title. So far I am thinking about "When the dark night seems endless."

I have nixed the title my husband came up with for my red and white house quilt. He wanted "Houses of the Holy."  I am thinking about "Ain't that America." 




Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.


Chris

1 comment:

  1. Yup, the canal houses are looking good with that extension along the bottom. I keep forgetting it is not sewn together yet when I view your pictures. Yes, you need to get that done so you're not spending more time looking for lost pieces! Really like the title you're considering for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.