Monday, January 7, 2019

The show was a big success!

Yesterday was the opening reception for my art show at the Bellefonte Art Museum. (Current exhibits). The museum is an old house in an historic Victorian town. The person that hung my show (Lori) did a great job. I was really pleased with how it looked.

It was an ego boosting experience. There were a lot of people that came through and they really, really liked my work. Of course plenty of people said I should sell my quilts. I suppose I should have put some prices on things, but am still skeptical that things would have sold. Or maybe I'm not ready to part with them yet....

Here are some photos. The first one is my friend Ellie and I in front of my most recent circle quilt.  I am the grinning fool on the left. My energy quilts got a lot of attention. I don't think people had seen anything like them before. What was also amazing is how many people got that they looked beautiful from a distance, but then when you look at them up close you see they reveal an ugly problem. A lot of people really liked the toxic barrel one....go figure!








I never took a photo of this quilt that was also in the show. This one got a lot of attention.  It is based on a Frank Lloyd Wright window.  I almost wish I had put a price on it. That price would have been $600 ($450 plus some added for the 30% commission the museum takes). Not sure people would have payed that much!

Visions Past 19 in by 26 in
Thank for reading.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your solo show! (I am in envy! The closest I've managed is a two-person show.) I LOVE your "Visions Past" -- and have now doubt it could have sold; the price is just right for the size. It reminds me of the work of one of my inspirations, Charles Rennie Mackintosh (Scotland)...you might look him up some time. :-) Best wishes for 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilts! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.