Monday, May 2, 2022

To mat or not to mat?

 Now that I am nearing the end of the 2 Pittsburgh in the snow pieces I am starting to think about how to frame them. 

With just a black frame?


With a double mat. White top mat, black bottom mat with white core showing?

With a white bottom mat and blue gray top mat?


With a silver top mat and white bottom mat?

With a white bottom mat and a textured black top mat?

I keep going back and forth on this one. Certainly better to see this in person that trying to guess what it really looks like from an online framing site. I guess I should not even think about framing until I design and make the 3rd piece in the series.

What do you think?

Thanks for reading.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. I was ready to go with the light grey mat until I saw that last one. I really like how that sets off your piece the best. The white mat makes it read more like a photograph which is not a bad thing, and just a frame lets one focus just on the art. It reminds me of how I started mounting smaller pieces over stretched canvas and then mounting that in a floater frame. Very clean, very simple. Oh boy, though, I still flip back and forth and land on that last choice of black mat as my favorite..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the blue gray mat brings out colors and images. Seems brighter...not so black and white. Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not number 2 the white on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.