Friday, December 2, 2022

Done with the ornaments! Doing a happy dance.

I don’t know if December 1 is a new record for being done, but I finished yesterday. Maybe back in 2020 when I had to mail them because we did not see our daughter due to the pandemic I got them done that early. There were plenty of years when I was working on them on December 24. I’ve always gotten them done before Christmas, however.

There were plenty of challenges with these ornaments. The small size made them really difficult to turn. I had to figure out how to make a cone hat and a cape. The tiny pieces were difficult to cut out. But they are now done except for attaching hanging cords. The largest ones are 7 inches tall. 

Here they are in the box I plan on packing them in for wrapping. Once our Christmas tree is up I will take photos of them hanging on the tree.

The Enoch King and black cat, Wert and Beatrice the talking bird, the Beast, Greg and Kitty the frog

So we are done for another year. I can’t wait to see her reaction to this collection of ornaments.

Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Chris

1 comment:

  1. I'm unfamiliar with the character references, they all look Hallowe'eny to me. But they are quite spectacular, and that is expected of your work. My family gifts, made by me, went in the mail mid November cause I don't want to be in the December mail deluge and have my parcel go astray because of casual workers who deliver to wrong addresses or other calamities. Back to Boston?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.