Thursday, March 28, 2024

Was it something I said?

I’m still plugging away at my iPhone photo class with Ricky Tims. My photos never get any comments from Ricky. Other students comment, but I’m never one of the photos that Ricky comments on. 

This week we can photograph anything we want. Here’s my photo. I like it for a few reasons.  I like blue gray as a color scheme. Seagulls are interesting as well. Below the photo is what I said about it.


“Was it something I said?” Photo taken on a blue day gray at the shore. I like the way the seagulls are grouped. Two of them hanging out together and one by itself. It’s like the one is being left out. We’ve all felt left out at some point in our lives.

Last weeks theme was circles. I submitted a photo of my husband's bagpipe band circled up before marching in the parade. This is what they do to warm up the pipes and drums. I don’t know the title of the song they play as they warm up. Lots of circles both obvious and implied in the photo. I got several comments from other students on the photo.


The video below shows them warming up. The video has sound.


The crow that I’m working on for my daughter is moving along. Today we need to find a branch to turn into the beak of the crow. It has to be about 1/2 inch in diameter. You shave it into a point and cover it with fabric. There are a lot of branches down in our area so finding one won’t be difficult.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. I lol'ed at your seagull pic even before reading the title! My class just wrapped up, 200 of us and he commented on each one at each of the 4 stages. Maybe we wore him out?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.