Friday, June 19, 2026

Quilting done and now blocking

I finished quilting and now I’m blocking the quilt on my cutting table. I soak it with water to get it to lay flat when it’s hung. I do this before I trim, square it up, and bind or face it. This quilt has gone through a lot of changes since I started it in 2020. The fence was changed, the windows in the castle, the pathway. Not sure I want to do another quilt with so many changes in the future. The inspiration was a photo my husband took. The photo was not a good photo to begin with so that made it difficult . 

Here’s some photos. The quilt right now is still very wet.




The end is near. The title for the quilt is “Point of no Return.”

Thanks for reading.

Chris


3 comments:

  1. It’s wonderful! The quilting adds so much to the actual piece. You will be delighted one day when you look back on this piece and remember all the effort you put into it was well worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I knew you'd been working on it off and on for awhile but I didn't realize it had been THAT long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love this piece--so evocative and spooky--I really like the perspective of the disappearing pumpkins...great work on this...;)))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.