Monday, August 10, 2026

Looks like my next big project has found me

Our local art museum is potentially having a show next year of surreal art. Here’s the advertisement to see if there is interest from the registry artists. 

Surrealist art often incorporates scenes that feel unreal, ethereal, or pulled directly from a dream—blending reality with the fantastical. 

I have so many images that I have created that I could use to make a surreal art quilt. I just don’t know which image to use. I could be tempted by any of them. I think what I will do over the next several blogs is to show them and discuss each in more detail.

I will start with a piece that I’ve already made that is surreal. It’s the one that I did for the recycle show in 2025. So I suppose I could just enter that one. But I’m really thinking of making a new piece.

Here’s the recycle piece entitled, “From the Inner Mind to the Outer Limits.”

I asked AI to modify this image to make it more surreal. This is what resulted.


It certainly is that. I would probably not do this piece since I don’t like doing the same thing more than once. Plus it’s a pretty busy image. 

Tomorrow I will talk about another possibility.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.