I have played with my surreal idea a bit more. I got rid of the vortex and the pocket watch. I only have one eye showing. The eye on the left is covered by the sky and clouds. I suppose I could let a bit of it peek out. I’m still deciding about the moon. I kept the raven and the doorway.
Here’s my latest sketch.
![]() |
![]() |
I do have a potential fabric for the background. It’s one of the ombre sky fabrics from Jennifer Sampou. Of course that’s not something to worry about now. I’ll have to decide what colors to actually use. She has many of the ombre sky fabrics. I think I might have to use some fabrics other than cotton. I might have some hand dyed silk and velvet. I also might need some tulle and organza. Maybe I will even need some heavier fabrics like wool. Maybe I can use the wool batting sample that I have to create dimension when I quilt it. Lots to ponder. Should be a fun project.
![]() |
What do you think?
Thanks for reading.
Chris











Ohhh, I LIKE the revisions. The second one is my favorite. Glad you have pivoted to feeling positive about this.
ReplyDeleteCouldn't stop thinking about what it would like like if mirrored. I don't know why it feels more right to me that way, the raven on the right, the tree curving to the left.
ReplyDelete